Research Scientists use their scientific expertise to support research projects and recommend scientific approaches and solutions to oilfield industry challenges. Solutions may be at the client, product, project, or research level.
Successful Research Scientists are rapid learners and can apply their gained knowledge quickly. They have strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical presentation skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team.
This position reports to a Program Manager or Research Director.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct scientific research under general supervision employing standard scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Make independent decisions on routine issues and methods and recommend scientific approaches and solutions.
- Coordinate and communicate work efforts within the Research organization.
- Keep current in own area of scientific expertise and work to expand breadth of technical knowledge.
- Interact with other Engineers and Scientists worldwide in domain of expertise.
- Publish scientific papers.
- Apply for patents.
- Promote teamwork, communication, and sharing of information among projects in domain of expertise.
- PhD in relevant field with limited experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years of postdoctoral experience in area of expertise.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.