Junior Hydrogeologists work on projects involving development and management of water for both domestic and industrial usage. These can vary from comprehensive assessments of surface water and groundwater resources to practical engineering solutions for mining projects. Responsibilities require an awareness of environmental and sustainability issues that are key to successful water resource management. Water is a critical, limited global resource and Junior Hydrogeologists must have the mobility necessary for worldwide travel and assignments.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise drilling installation and hydrogeological testing of shallow monitoring wells.
- Conduct in situ permeability testing.
- Transfer data from field to database.
- Perform hydrochemical analyses.
- Create accurate GIS maps.
- Minimum of master's in hydrogeology or geology.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience, hydrochemical modeling a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and GIS; database experience a plus.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.