Location: Grande Prairie - Canada
The Electronics Technician works in a shop environment, inspecting printed circuit boards (PCBs), performing tests, determining reasons for failures, and correcting the problems—all according to approved procedures and methods. This position requires some overtime hours.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
• Review documentation for PCBs, including engineering specifications and procedures.
• Inspect PCBs for obvious defects, pointing out problem areas to Team Leader.
• Following engineering procedures and established work methods, test PCBs to determine compliance with specifications. Determine cause for any failure and, if practical, correct the problem.
• Complete documentation on test results.
• Work with Team Leader and Manufacturing Engineer to suggest improvements in PCB quality, reliability of testing, or testing efficiency.
• Perform all work according to safety standards.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 3 year Electronics Technology Diploma, or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in testing electronics, with preference going to candidates with previous experience on oilfield equipment.
• Knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
• Ability to troubleshoot PCBs to component level using common shop tools such as oscilloscope and digital voltmeter instead of automated testers.
• Ability to follow procedures and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
• Fluency in English language, both verbal and written.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Canada
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.