Procurement Specialist, Ordering Process
Job Summary – General Overview
The Procurement Specialist delivers high quality purchasing services according to defined procedures, while respecting quantity, quality and timing. The candidate ensures the quality of services provided and contributes to the improvement and knowledge management of the purchasing process. The position reports to the procurement leader.
Successful Procurement Specialists have a comprehensive understanding of procurement and ERP systems including knowledge of the procurement channels, the Buy-2-Pay matrix, approved supplier lists, and supplier identification. They work fast, have a passion for customer service and are effective at cross-functional teamwork. With basic technical and supplier knowledge of at least one category they have the ability to interact with operations on basic requests.
Examples of the Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Note: duties of the role may differ, subject to the segment you are appointed to.
- Is responsible for purchase order processing.
- Supports users in purchase request definition.
- Creates purchase orders and follows up on approval and acknowledgement of orders.
- Involves the spot buy procurement specialist in spot buys when no catalogs are available.
- Involves the field procurement leader in spot buys when local knowledge is required.
- Manages day-to-day interactions with suppliers and field purchasing leaders.
- Forwards complex issues to the hub procurement leader.
- Performs problem solving for non-complex issues with operations.
- Triggers catalog updates.
- Proposes documentation changes or improvements to process.
- Ensures full compliance with HSE and TCC policies.
- Tracks deviations and raises non-conformance in QUEST.
- Upholds HSE, TCC, code of ethics, and gift policies.
The following is subject to additional requirements of the country where the vacancy is located:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering or manufacturing, or comparable degree.
- Previous experience in transactional procurement a plus.
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other languages relevant in local hub.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.