Electrical Engineers work under general direction, applying their skills and expertise to generate solutions that require development or sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products. Responsibilities include assisting with planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
This position reports to the Project Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain products; assist in commercialization.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing; set up and run laboratory simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate testing. Conduct tests, document results, and develop client presentation.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes, and other artifacts.
- Evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate development plans.
- Train and support clients and field representatives.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents.
- PhD, master’s, or bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, or electronic engineering or in a similar discipline.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.