Under general direction, the Physicist Engineer provides novel solutions or improvement of techniques, procedures, or products through theoretical modeling or analysis and experiments. The domain of physics involved is broad and includes acoustics, electromagnetics, nuclear, and chemistry. Activities include assisting in planning and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely fashion.
Successful Physicist Engineers are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and maintains products, and assists in their commercialization.
- Provides solutions based on principles of physics and mathematical models.
- Makes presentations to technical and management audiences.
- Authors and coauthors technical reports, papers, articles, and patents.
- Builds prototype products and systems for testing.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Designs and coordinates tests, documents test results, and assists in customer presentations.
- Conducts technical reviews of project requirements, specifications, and risk analyses; ensures commitments are agreed, reviewed, and met.
- PhD or master’s degree in physics or mathematics.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.