The Sourcing Specialist implements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned portfolio and associated activities. An important aspect of this role is maximizing supplier performance and supporting the company’s business plan for our advanced oilfield products.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Implements plans to assure orders meet specified quality and delivery times and to minimize the total cost of purchases.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Establishes supplier base in conformance with guidance from Category Managers.
- Handles requests for information, quotations, proposals, and bidding processes.
- Evaluates current and potential suppliers in coordination with Supplier Quality Teams.
- Negotiates with suppliers to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification in coordination with Supplier Quality Teams.
- Works with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with all levels of supplier personnel and internal customers.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
See what others say about the position: