Specialized Maintenance Technicians (Mechanical, Electronics, and Electrical disciplines) play a prominent, critical role in our service quality. Whether supporting field teams in service operational centers or at the wellsite, your responsibilities are great: maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the high-tech tools, electronics, electrical, hydraulics and downhole, surface or rig equipment essential to the timely success of client jobs.
Held in high regard within the company and greatly respected by the field, Schlumberger considers Maintenance Technicians to be a key business differentiator.
Learning the job
All technicians are hired at entry level and receive on-the-job technical training for Schlumberger tools, services, and equipment.
- Instruction takes place at our industry-leading training centers worldwide.
- Program structure encourages proactive participation and training management.
- Fixed-step competency-driven training results in broad career opportunities.
Progressing your career
Schlumberger offers almost unlimited opportunities for career movement and progression among business lines, technologies, and geographic locations.
- Progression depends strongly on your performance and drive.
- Maintenance-specific career-development and training programs are available throughout your career.
- Technicians are promoted from within based on merit.
Are we looking for you?
Successful Maintenance Technicians are adaptable, rapid learners, independent workers, and self-motivated.
- Do you want a high level of responsibility early and the opportunity to make a real difference on the job?
- Are you interested in an unusual career with a sense of adventure?
- Do you hold an associate’s degree or diploma in a related technical discipline or have equivalent, formal military training?
If the answer is yes, apply for a position as a Maintenance Technician.
See what others say about the position: