Research Engineers apply their expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and/or products and technologies. Responsibilities include developing, conducting, and evaluating new approaches to meet project objectives faster and more efficiently.
This position reports to the Program Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and commercialize products and technologies.
- Initiate approaches and low-cost innovations to maintain technical leadership.
- Prepare cost estimates and continually analyze design variables.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing.
- Ensure final product meets needs as defined by project.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate testing to identify problems and solutions.
- Conduct tests, document test results, and develop client presentation.
- Provide user training and technical support.
- Coordinate and communicate work effort within organization.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Assist in publication of papers and applications for patents.
- Master’s degree in sciences or engineering or equivalent experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
See what others say about the position: