The Procurement Specialist ensures that the items and services to build and maintain our advanced oilfield technology products are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while working with technology advanced products.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Interfaces with Product Line Planning Manager to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.