Geologists are key contributors of the Schlumberger technical team, performing geoscience-related functions that vary with individual level of expertise. In general, they combine a basic to intermediate understanding of earth sciences with a knowledge of logging technologies to determine reservoir architecture and compartmentalization and lithology or facies distribution, and to estimate the volume of hydrocarbon in place.
Successful Geologists have strong teamwork skills, can present factual information clearly and effectively to technical teams and clients, and adapt easily to various working conditions and locations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as a key member of the geoscience team to evaluate prospects.
- Prepare surface and subsurface maps depicting stratigraphic arrangement and composition.
- Generate structural models including seismic interpretation and analysis, geologic interpretation, rock property analysis, mapping, structural framework creation in time, and depth conversion.
- Perform facies modeling.
- Bachelor's, master's or PhD in geology.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Mobility for international travel and assignments.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.