Oilfield operations: is it for you?
Drilling thousands of meters down into the Earth is an intense and challenging business.
Our operations personnel are based at different rig and wellsite locations in the countries and environments where we operate. Just as wells can be in some of the most remote and inhospitable places in the world; so are some of our field positions. This means that you will need to be adaptable and have a healthy sense of humor!
Living and working at a wellsite means the conditions can be extreme and the job is high pressure. But this environment helps bring people together, and the respect and trust that develop between you and your colleagues often create friendships that last a lifetime.
Field Engineers focus on service delivery for our customers. They are involved in every phase of our business—from acquiring the first data needed for drilling decisions to designing plans for long-range development of complex multiwell, multireservoir fields.
- supporting engineers and specialists at the wellsite and at the base
- assisting with rig-up and rig-down of tools and equipment at the wellsite
- preparing wellsite reports
- participating in post-job debriefings.
To apply, you must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or related science.
Field Specialists are our trouble-shooters. With a strong focus on technical procedures, safety, and client interaction, they work well under pressure and without supervision.
- planning, preparing, and executing jobs to design and client specifications with goal of 100% service delivery.
To apply, you must have a 2-year technical degree or military experience.
Field Technical Analyst
The Field Technical Analyst is part of a team and provides pre- and post-job support at the wellsite and base location.
- Providing support to plan, prepare, execute and debrief jobs at the wellsite and base location
- Contributing to preparation of wellsite reports.
To apply, you must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in mathematics or natural science (e.g., Geology, Physics, Computer Science, Geophysics).
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.