The Field Specialist Trainee receives intensive training in troubleshooting, technical procedures, safety, and client interaction. Responsibilities and skill development vary widely according to business line but consist of both formal technical training courses and hands-on experience. Progression is structured through a formal career development program.
Successful Field Specialist Trainees think methodically under pressure and work well without supervision. They strive for perfection, like working outdoors in challenging environments, and do not mind being away from home for extended periods.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Acquire familiarity, to level needed to perform duties, with assigned business line’s range of services and products and their relationship to those of other business lines.
- Achieve functional and technical skills required for assignments.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and executing jobs to design and client specifications with goal of 100% service delivery.
- Depending on assignment, usually 2-year technical degree or military experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.