Sugar Land - United States
TITLE: Manufacturing Technician
DEPARTMENT: Manufacturing Generators
Performs all technical duties in one of the following areas: electronic, mechanical, or
systems. Completes assemblies, tests, measurements, and operations as per revisioncontrolled
procedures/specifications defined by the Product Line processes. Conducts
troubleshooting to diagnose product, process, or program defects and repair them.
The Manufacturing Technician must demonstrate good communication skills and team
player attributes. The following are required tasks, responsibilities, and skills supporting
the duties pertaining to this role.
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assembly of mechanical components to specification
2. Assembly of electrical components to specification
3. Perform technical duties on all functional work group projects; employ test
technique/procedures for all key cell projects and assuring conformance of the
part to released and valid test.
4. Check products electrically using standard measuring tools (i.e. multi-meter,
5. Preventative Maintenance: Test equipment and fixtures
6. Analyze test results.
7. Initiates corrective action for defective parts, processes or documentation.
8. Troubleshoot failures.
9. Documents all findings and activities completed during the troubleshooting
phase of any repairs and report replacement parts utilized to the Engineer
10. Prepares all paperwork and product readiness for finished goods
11. Accurate completions of product routings and travel tags
12. Ability to assist in writing clear instructions and notes concerning the
processes of product line items
13. Exercise independent initiatives pertaining to process improvement
14. Expand on practical techniques and theoretical applications.
15. Handling of chemicals and understanding of SDS
Electrical or Electronic Technical Degree or Certificate
Seven years practical experience of hands on skills (electronic/mechanical
assembly/testing and top-level troubleshooting techniques – products and test systems) in
related work preferred. Experience with Environmental Testing (Shock, Vibration, and
Temperature) setup and execution is also preferred but not mandatory.
Manufacturing Technicians are required to be trained, tested and certified in the
S1 Knowledge and practical experience with Oscilloscope utilization
S2 Use of technical data, interpret drawings and schematics
S3 Strong background in electrical/ESD principles
S4 Computer literate: Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer
S5 Troubleshooting – component level
S6 Mechanical assembly/disassembly techniques
At a minimum, must be available and committed to standard business hours of
operation. If requested upon, demonstrate ability to accommodate a flexible work
schedule should a business need arise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ EFFORTS:
1. May be required to lift items of up to 30 lbs.
2. Must be able to distinguish and identify colors
Traveling not required unless specified for training purposes
1. Completing tasks in an accurate, timely, efficient, and cost-efficient manner.
2. Ensuring that all safety precautions are followed and compliance to QHSE standards is
3. Ensuring work is completed with a high level of quality and compliance.
4. Ensuring work area is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
5. Providing technical and other guidance and assistance to less experienced and/or junior
6. Informing Team Leader of problems and recommending possible solutions.
7. Being punctual and available for duties.
8. Maintaining confidentiality of company and client information.
Employees may be assigned to other responsibilities in addition to or in lieu of those
described above. The tasks and responsibilities described are subject to change at any
time based on the needs of the company. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all tasks, responsibilities and requirements.
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.