Schlumberger offers a diverse range of career opportunities in many different areas
The career opportunities in our Supply Chain function are spread among logistics, materials management, procurement, and facilities management.
The group also provides support in careers and staffing, communication, financial control, and process and business systems.
As a Logistics Specialist, you’ll be overseeing shipments to the field, providing solutions that fit the requirements of any operation, while controlling costs and ensuring that all shipments are exported in line with customs regulations.
Our Logistics Specialists are responsible for coordinating the delivery and management of logistics operations for a given area driving cost reductions and process efficiency initiatives and improving service levels in field operations.
- Provide on time logistics support to operations at competitive costs
- Track all cargo movements from booking to final delivery, with special attention to dangerous goods
- Ensure customs compliance of all shipments
- Optimize equipment utilization and select the most cost-effective routes
- Manage applications and systems involved in the logistics process
- Monitor logistics performance and report any service quality issues
Our Materials Specialists are highly efficient and well organised. Tasked with ensuring goods are received, stored and issued in compliance with Schlumberger procedures, you’ll be accountable for consistent and accurate stock replenishment in your area.
As a Materials Specialist you’re responsible for all warehouse activities in your assigned area. With a strong focus on safety and efficiency, you’ll be using your organizational expertise to ensure orders are processed and materials are replenished in line with area and job requirements.
- Maintain control over product storage and flow for the warehouse and other inventory areas
- Implement required documentation and labelling per company standards and local requirements
- Ensure accurate stock transaction records
- Proactively monitor and implement strategies to reduce excess and aging stock
As a Procurement Specialist, your task is to find quality goods and services at a price that meet our organization’s needs. You’ll be managing purchase orders, receiving order acknowledgements from suppliers, assisting with invoice resolution, and producing quotes.
If you have an eye for detail and order, excellent maths and computer skills, and the ability to listen, persuade, and negotiate, then a career with Schlumberger as a Procurement Specialist could be for you.
As the first point of contact for the Procurement Service Center, your role is crucial to supply chain management and includes planning and forecasting, purchasing, product assembly, and transporting, storing and keeping track of products.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and Procure to Pay Specialist to ensure on time delivery of all orders
- Responsible for expediating orders from creation to delivery
- Purchase order processing
- Review procurement service levels and quality regularly to ensure continuous improvement
Our Sourcing Specialists are experts at making our sourcing process more efficient. Building relationships is key and you’ll be working closely with our suppliers to ensure the best cost, quality and lead times to support our business plans.
Implementing successful sourcing plans involves quality assurance, on time delivery and keeping costs to a minimum. So, we need people who are highly analytical and detail-oriented, excellent communicators with great interpersonal and negotiation skills, and who know how to prioritize.
- Create action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects
- Develop and negotiate prices, terms, and contracts with suppliers
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through reviews, site visits, and audits to ensure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality, and service
- Identify opportunities and implement ways to continually minimize lost time, spend, and resources
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
See what others say about the position:
SSA Sourcing-Field Equipment and Services Category
Iraq Procurement & Sourcing Manager
Global eCommerce Analyst