The Maintenance Engineer enhances service quality and equipment reliability by improving workflows and optimizing maintenance processes using Lean Six Sigma practices and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodology. This position, a key link between the field maintenance organization and the engineering and manufacturing centers, provides input to improve equipment design, reliability, and maintainability.
The Maintenance Engineer has a critical role in connecting field operations with the maintenance organization, helping minimize downtime and failure rates and maximize equipment productivity. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and captures opportunities for improvement in equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Uses Lean Six Sigma and RCM concepts to optimize work processes, adapt maintenance tools and procedures to improve equipment utilization and reliability, and minimize service quality incidents.
- Keeps current with latest equipment, technologies, and maintenance methods.
- Promotes importance of data and service quality within maintenance community.
- Assists with development and coaching of junior maintenance staff.
- Supports Maintenance Manager and Location Manager in planning for equipment and maintenance resources and correcting existing discrepancies.
- Ensures application of asset management and maintenance systems data and accurate, timely data entry and reporting.
- Participates in technical audits and compliance assessments, and follows up on closure of remedial action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science.
- Aptitude for hands-on work coupled with strong analytical skills.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
See what others say about the position: