The most advanced technology in the oilfield
A significant portion of our oilfield services revenue is generated from technologies that are less than 5 years old, so we know how important research is. Our R&D budget supports fundamental scientific research—not just applied engineering projects.
The work of our Research Scientists, Research Engineers, and Research Associates is diverse, involving almost all disciplines and applied sciences.
You’ll part of one of our small teams dedicated to projects from initial research to final delivery of the manufactured solution. You’ll have opportunities to collaborate with, and learn from, leaders in both technical and academic communities
Research Scientists use their scientific expertise to support research projects and recommend scientific approaches and solutions to oilfield industry challenges.
- conducting scientific research
- recommending scientific approaches and solutions
- coordinating and communicating within the Research organization
- interacting with other Engineers and Scientists worldwide
- publishing scientific papers
- applying for patents.
To apply you must have PhD in a relevant field with some experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Research Engineers apply their expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and/or products and technologies.
- developing and commercializing products and technologies
- preparing cost estimates and continually analyzing design variables
- building prototypes, products, and systems for testing
- ensuring final product meets end requirements
- designing testing procedures and coordinating testing to identify problems and solutions
- providing user training and technical support.
To apply you must have a Master’s degree in sciences or engineering or equivalent experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
See what others say about the position: