The Equipment Operator performs all kinds of jobs, with assigned equipment and people, safely and efficiently. The Operator provides service delivery with flawless service quality and no Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) incidents in accordance with policies, standards, and procedures. The position reports to the Supervisor.
Successful Equipment Operators are adaptable, show initiative, and have good written and verbal communication skills. They work well in teams and are curious and willing to learn new skills.
- Ensures that the correct equipment and materials arrive on time on location, and are rigged up, tested and ready to perform the job.
- Ability to rig up/rig down equipment including high pressure rated equipment.
- Attends pre job meetings with team, customer and third party personnel.
- Performs risk analysis before each job or task and identifies and addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and reports hazards immediately.
- Ensures preventive maintenance on equipment is performed as per standards and that unit is in safe, clean and proper working condition for the next service job.
- Performs inspections and self-assessments to ensure compliance with standards.
- Complies with all HS&E, Quality, and IT standards and policies and participates in HS&E and Quality initiatives and programs.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a skilled operator or equivalent military experience.
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Class A CDL (or equivalent country qualification) clean driving record with HAZMAT preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the country of employment, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Successful applicants in will be employed through a Schlumberger approved third-party contracting company and assigned to Schlumberger projects. In certain circumstances, contractors may be considered for direct employment by Schlumberger as vacancies arise, and according to performance.
See what others say about the position: