Schlumberger Recognized as Knowledge-Intensive Leader in Oil & Gas Sector
The Global MAKE program was established in 1998 to identify and recognize organizations.
Schlumberger was placed first in the Oil & Gas category of the Knowledge-Intensive Sector Leaders recognition program. The award cites Schlumberger's leadership in creating an enterprise-wide collaborative knowledge-sharing environment, and builds on our repeated success over the past six years as a Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) winner.
The Global MAKE program was established in 1998 to identify and recognize organizations that create stakeholder wealth by transforming new and existing enterprise knowledge into superior products, services and solutions.
Research is based on a consensus of expert opinion. A panel of Global Fortune 500 senior executives and leading knowledge management, intellectual capital, innovation and organizational learning experts selects the winners. Finalists are ranked against each of the eight knowledge performance dimensions which form the MAKE framework and are the visible drivers of value creation:
- creating an enterprise knowledge-driven culture
- developing knowledge workers through senior management leadership
- developing and delivering knowledge-based products/services/solutions
- maximizing enterprise intellectual capital
- creating an environment for collaborative enterprise knowledge sharing
- creating a learning organization
- delivering value based on stakeholder knowledge
- transforming enterprise knowledge into shareholder/stakeholder value.