The Concept Development Lead will coordinate the delivery of a range of study scopes, covering the appraise, select and define phases, by drawing on the skills and experience of the team. They will, depending on study scope and complexity, directly lead and coordinate the delivery of scopes or delegate the study leadership to team members.
The role requires an appreciation of all the engineering disciplines that comprise an oil/gas field development, as well as the economic parameters that define success. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate methods and processes are developed and applied to the delivery of all projects and for assuring the quality of the solutions produced by the team. The role also requires the development and nurturing of internal and external networks to develop and promote the offering.
• Act as focal point for facilities elements of Asset Planning consultancy within Schlumberger Asset Consulting in Aberdeen.
- Act as integrator of subsurface, wells and facilities disciplines for the concept development scopes
• Support the conversion of business opportunities through the development of proposals that meet client needs.
• Manage and/or contribute to the delivery of scopes and provide peer review of others’ projects.
• Provide leadership to the Concept Development Team in Aberdeen.
• Foster effective Client, Partner and other stakeholder relations, internal and external interfaces.
• Comply with, and ensure the implementation of, the SLB Safety & Environmental Policies.
• Identify and validate the key parameters that define the range of new or existing development concepts.
• Investigate and identify potential export options, including evaluation of existing local or regional infrastructure/facilities for suitability.
• Conduct technical and commercial evaluation and make recommendations with respect to viable development options.
• Provide discipline specific inputs to projects or studies throughout the asset lifecycle.
The Concept Development Lead reports to the Asset Consulting Central Operations Manager in Aberdeen.
EXECUTION OF STUDIES
Lead by example.
Depending on the scope and complexity of studies either execute scopes directly or, manage, other resources to deliver study scopes.
Allocate appropriate resource to deliver each workscope, where appropriate, delegating study leadership responsibilities to other team members.
Ensure adequacy of facilities field development concepts, schemes, strategies and capital planning and budgeting.
Act as integrator of subsurface, wells and facilities disciplines for the concept development scopes
Manage cost and scope variations and escalations.
Ensure good communications at all levels and between facilities related interfaces.
Ensure professional integrity and timely performance aspects of facilities technical work.
Ensure compliance with contract requirements, approval processes, quality management systems and QA/QC Plan
Prepare and present material to clients and other stakeholders as required
Ensure cost effective and timely completion and acceptance of the facilities studies.
Lead and contribute in Company Technical communities and special interest groups.
Assist with peer reviews.
Identify and communicate facilities resource need and assist in staffing decisions.
Allocating appropriate resource to deliver each workscope, where appropriate, delegating study leadership responsibilities to other team members.
Provide leadership and line management the concept development team.
Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
Ensure reporting personnel are aware of and comply with Schlumberger and client policies & procedures
Direct and control third party contractors and consultants
Support the business development team to develop the strategy per region.
Support the business development teams to identify and convert opportunities through client engagement, proposal input etc.
Establish definition of facilities work scopes, bid documents, and support to the tender/contracting processes including evaluations and recommendations for awards.
Establish and maintain strong strategic relationships with clients and key internal and external stakeholders including main contractors and suppliers.
4. Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in an engineering discipline and 15+ years in the oil & gas production or related industry including 5 to 8 years in process engineering or project management environment.
• Have a broad understanding of multiple engineering disciplines, such as process, mechanical, instrumentation, electrical and civil engineering while being strongest in at least one of those disciplines.
• Experience of project/study management.
- Experience of working with subsurface, wells and commercial disciplines.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and disciplines, and be recognized as a model of positive action and achievement.
• Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
• Chartered Engineer
• International on-shore and off-shore experience
• Multi-discipline background (Generalist).
- Experience with project execution phase
• Experience in more than one oil and gas industry area e.g. consulting, operating company, EPCI contractor etc.
• Additional languages.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.