Schlumberger is developing the next generation of oil field software using Cloud-based applications, collaborative designs, traceability of jobs from design to execution and tools to review and mine historical data. Our developments will revolutionize the oil service business by combining our proven expertise in physics-based measurements and modeling with Cloud-based digital technologies to bring both efficiency gains and wider applicability of our technologies.
We are looking for software engineers to build the back end of this new generation of oil field software and join a diverse software development team that also includes experts in physics and numerical modeling. As a Back End Software Engineer, you will develop Cloud/web components using the latest commercial and open source frameworks, develop shared components and back-end services.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central data repositories
• Define and implement API’s for data ingestion and consumption services
• Develop solutions that are deployable, operable and secure
• Provides technical leadership and documentation to other developers and stakeholders.
Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with 3+ years software experience or education.
Skills and knowledge
· Solid knowledge of Restful architecture and use cases
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
· Experience in Agile development and change management systems
· Knowledge/experience/awareness with performance tunning (monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security.
· Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
· Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.