The Scientific Computing Engineer designs and develops computational algorithms and software components based on mathematical or statistical models of physical phenomena. Where applicable, new algorithms and models may be developed, or existing software solutions extended.
Relationship: Reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Apply Numerical analysis techniques as required to scientific problems to enable efficient solutions, and enhance code scalability and performance.
• Produce analyses and physical and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Develop and test algorithms and code.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Contribute to development plans by providing task and cost estimates.
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager.
Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering or Math with 5+ years of experience or education.
Skills and knowledge
• Must have experience with Python or Matlab or Labview.
• Nice to have experience with C++ or Java.
• Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
• Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.