The Back End Software Engineer develops the back end of a web application, i.e. handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. The Developer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
· Responsibilities and Duties
• Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side applications
• Collaborate with the front-end developers, customers, users, and product managers to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
• Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
• Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
• Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
• Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
• Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with 3+ years of software experience or education.
Skills and knowledge
· Must have .NET experience.
· Prefer someone who has worked on variety of products.
· Learn quickly in a fast-paced complex environment
· Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
· Have innovative skills to create something new.
· Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications.
· Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.