M-I SWACO Iraq is looking for mid-career hire for a Sales Engineer position based in Basra.
The Product Line Sales Engineer is responsible for maximizing sales of a Product Line’s products and services for their assigned account(s) within a GeoMarket or region. The Product Line Sales Engineer applies a strong understanding of their Product Line offering, including new technology, to customer problems to help the client achieve greater success. The Product Line Sales Engineer establishes lasting professional relationships with his/her customers.
Sales, Marketing, Operations Management
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Delivers on sales targets.
• Listens for opportunities for their and other Product Lines/product lines. Listens for market and competitive intelligence. Informs Schlumberger via management and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
• Develops new business by finding opportunities in new technology and services and maintains existing business.
• Establishes lasting, professional relationships with customer contacts. Meets regularly with customers, and is intimately familiar with their business plans.
• Understands customer’s local environment and identifies new technical applications suited to their needs.
• Ensures that problems arising from sales are responded to and appropriately managed.
• Maintains integrity in all words and actions ensuring ethics, quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) are evident and a key differentiator.
• Actively updates account and sales management regarding changes to customer accounts.
• Coordinates scheduling with the service delivery organization as required.
• Uses the sales systems and processes to document and communicate opportunities, market and competitive intelligence, customer information including: contacts, visit reports, etc.
Competencies to be kept current:
• Clearly understands customer drivers and how they translate into sales leads
• Profit and customer service driven
• Understands competition’s offering, pricing tactics and sales strategies
• Understands markets where customers operate
• Able to build lasting and professional customer relationships
• Good communicator
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of Product Line’s technology and services
• Understands sales pipeline and opportunity management
• Effectively uses Sales Business Systems
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status or other characteristics protected by law