Sugar Land - United States
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing electronics for downhole systems in oil and gas . Experience designing for high temperature and high reliability application a plus. Electrical engineer works with the concurrent team to design electronic boards to meet a specific functionality using the DFX principles. Engineer must be well rounded with sound knowledge on switching mode power supplies, power electronics, data transmission and communication systems, transceiver design, signal acquisition and processing.
• Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/ MS in Electrical Engineering
• 4-7 yeas relevant experience
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.