Rosharon - United States
This position is accountable for performing a variety of technical duties in support of the production effort in the machine shop by preparing programs for use on numerically controlled machines and performing other duties as a member of the Manufacturing Department relating to cost reduction, method studies, tooling, automation, machining, etc.
The machine tools will be 5-axis mill turn machines in which programming will include probing sequences to verify specifications, perform inside machine inspection and adaptive machine control monitoring to ensure effective manufacturing from start to finish.
The CNC Programmer is responsible for planning and creating CNC programs to control machining of parts to specifications. In addition, hands-on machining expertise is required to prove out parts programmed and ensure effective manufacturing.
• Analyze drawings, sketches and design data to determine configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
• Write program of machine instructions to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
• Consult with production workers and supervisors to ensure programs meet the needs specifications.
• Use the guiding principles and tools of the Manufacturing System to drive continuous improvement, wherever applicable.
• Loading/unloading of parts, tooling in machine.
• Machining skills to verify and prove out parts.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Must have three (3) + years of experience in CNC programming
Must have demonstrated a level of knowledge and ability as such that he/she can assist and advise machinists
This position requires specialized technical training, an understanding of programming techniques, knowledge of theory and practical operations of numerically controlled production machines, and a high degree of analytical ability in order to fulfill the objectives of this position.
Proficiency in CREO NC, EdgeCAM, Vericut Simulation, Inspection plus (Renishaw) probing programming.
3+ years’ experience running mill turn 5-axis machines
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.