D&I Technical Sales Support Engineer
Sales & Commercial | Sales Delivery
The D&I Technical Sales Support Engineer provides direct support for specific technology
and solutions in their respective GeoUnits, participating in the building and execution of
sales strategies by identifying opportunities based on their technical expertise across all of
D&I. This position establishes professional relationships at client user level as well as at
the executive level, and shares gained client requirements and opportunities across the
Schlumberger sales organization and Business Line Business Development Manager and
Domain Champions to maximize Schlumberger value, as well as to provide input into the
R&D process. The D&I Technical Sales Support Engineer develops a deep understanding of
the Division strategy and how their domain of expertise and technology will contribute to
products and services adoption in their respective GeoUnit.
· Develops new business by actively participating in promoting of Schlumberger's
new technology and services offerings.
· Establishes lasting, professional relationships with customer contacts.
· Understands customers local environment and identifies new technical
applications suited to their needs.
· Ensures that customer problems arising from sales are responded to and
· Provides answers to technical questions from customers and produces
· Maintains integrity in all words and actions ensuring ethics, quality and HSE
(Health Safety and Environment) are evident and a key differentiator.
· Provides technical support for sales activities such as bid proposal preparation,
technical design options, and other technical services.
· Provides technical support for marketing activities such as presentations,
demonstrations, and technology launches.
· Provides input to marketing about requirements for new product definition.
· Delivery of the yearly assigned revenue targets.
Experience & Exposures:
· Opportunity Management
· Customer Relationship Management