Data Scientist Engineer
We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet.
At SLB we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. That is our purpose. As innovators, that’s been our mission for 100 years. We are facing the world’s greatest balancing act- how to simultaneously reduce emissions and meet the world’s growing energy demands. We’re working on that answer. Every day, a step closer.
Our collective future depends on decarbonizing the fossil fuel industry, while innovating a new energy landscape. It’s what drives us. Ensuring progress for people and the planet, on the journey to net zero and beyond. For a balanced planet.
The candidate will be working with a team based in Montpellier (France) but will also need to travel to Béziers once a week with the team (carpooling) to collaborate with Genvia manufacturing team and deploy & test AI solutions.
Genvia enable companies operating in ‘hard-to-abate’ sectors to explore the best routes to decarbonisation at scale. We are developing pathway to cleaner growth by equipping existing plants with efficient hydrogen generation capabilities.
You will join the team who develops the digital manufacturing platform required to produce next generation of electrolyzers for future Genvia Gigafactory.
Your mission will be:
Qualifications and competencies:
• 5 years of Machine Learning experience on analysis of images and time-series
• Strong expertise in Python and ML libraries (Scikit-learn, PySpark, PyTorch, Keras, etc.)
• Experience with data engineering and High-Performance Data Analytics (Big Data)
• Solid background in applied mathematics
Nice to have:
• Experience in smart manufacturing and/or Industrial IoT
• Understanding of Knowledge Graph
• Knowledge of discrete-event simulation modeling
• Experience with Databricks
• MLOps practice
• Excellent team player who is open to new ideas and thoughts
• Curious about AI (active technology watch), Cloud and Industry 4.0 technologies
• Structured thinking and data sensitiveness
• Good communication skills, proficient in French and English
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
SLB Eureka Technical Career (SETC) provides proven technical contributors with a career path that offers them recognition, reward, and influence that parallels an equivalent management progression. We are leaders in Technology Domain Knowledge – Our Eureka Community of practice has over 28,500 members, in 30 communities, with 123 Special Interest Groups (SIGs). We’ve published over 10,000 publications in the past decade. The early stage of SETC known as “SETC Associate”, is a new addition to the SETC Framework in the Technology Organization.
BlueFlex (if eligible):
We are open to flexible, hybrid working with a combination of on-site & home working days.
What we can offer you:
Competitive base salary with bonus, private healthcare for employee & family, subsidised dental care, Health & Wellbeing programs such as the Employee Mental health support, health & wellness coaching, part employer and employee funded pension contribution, Income protection scheme, life insurance.
Other benefits are also available through the SLB flexible benefits program.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.