Computational Software Engineer
Houston - United States
Computational Software Engineer
The Computational Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing computational algorithms and software components based on mathematical or statistical models of physical phenomena. Where applicable, the Scientific Computing Engineer develops new algorithms and models, or extend existing software solutions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Apply numerical analysis techniques as required to scientific problems to enable efficient solutions, and enhance code scalability and performance.
• Produce analyses and physical and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Develop and test algorithms and code.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Contribute to development plans by providing task and cost estimates.
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
• Comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager.
• Masters level degree in software engineering or equivalent
• At least five years of proven experience developing and supporting high-performance numerical software in C++ and CUDA, including parallel computing, performance profiling and CPU/GPU optimization
• Strong background in applied mathematics/physics/geophysics, especially in inverse problems, numerical inversion, numerical simulation, linear and nonlinear solvers, and optimization.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with teams and stakeholders worldwide
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer".
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact email@example.com to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.