Location: Dhahran - Saudi Arabia
We are looking for our growing operations and future needs in the Middle East for Drilling Supervisors.
Manages all aspects of offshore drilling operations.
Supervises onshore operations and ensures the safe and successful execution of drilling programmes
▪ Responsible for the accuracy of information in the daily drilling reports and in other
communications with the onshore Wells team.
▪ Reviews the Drilling Programme in detail and advises the Drilling Superintendent of deficiencies
and of potential improvements to the Programme to optimize the operation and reduce costs.
▪ Ensures the Drilling Programme, policies and instructions are properly directed and
communicated to the rig team.
▪ Supervises and supports well control planning and procedures in conjunction with the rig team.
▪ Supervises and supports the well operational activities of Wells team members onshore.
▪ Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials
and services required for activities under Company control.
▪ Supervises the drilling and completion of the well and ensures activities are undertaken safely
and in a cost effective and timely manner.
▪ Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures if specified by
the Drilling Superintendent.
▪ Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost
▪ Trains junior well engineering personnel on the rig
▪ Supervises and supports project agreed HSEQ processes and initiatives on the rig.
▪ Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor’s Safety Assessment for any non-routine
operations on the rig.
▪ Participates in rig Safety Meetings, Safety Management System and encourages the use of the
behavioral safety system.
▪ Ensures Company’s Policies, Procedures and Guidance Documents are implemented as
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
▪ Fully certified by a recognized Well Control Authority for well servicing activities e.g. IWCF,
WELLCAP to Subsea Supervisor level
▪ Previous experience in an operator environment preferred.
▪ Engineering Route:
▪ Engineering degree (or equivalent)
▪ Several years practical experience as a Drilling Engineer in well planning operations and as a
Rig Site Drilling Engineer
▪ Experience as Assistant Drilling Supervisor.
▪ Practical Route:
▪ No formal qualification
▪ Experience likely to have been gained with a drilling contractor, developing experience and
progressing career from Roustabout to Tool Pusher in line with drilling industry career
▪ Experience as an Assistant Drilling Supervisor
▪ Additional Skills:
▪ Ability to act rationally under pressure
▪ Strong leadership qualities
▪ Able to communicate clearly
▪ Wells and Development Engineering teams
▪ HSSEQ team
▪ Drilling Contractor management and crews – onshore and offshore
▪ Service Contractors offshore
▪ Well Examiner
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.