Sugar Land - United States
Generate and release engineering product file for Schlumberger products (CAD models, drawings, specifications, and PDMS records) at a functional level of domain knowledge, Schlumberger product knowledge, independence, efficiency, and quality.
• Generates subassembly-level concept designs with appropriate supervision from a project engineer, within the framework defined by the product design restrictions (size, materials, packaging, etc.).
• Generates medium-complexity detailed designs based on layouts, sketches, 3D models, or verbal instruction, and with occasional supervision from the project engineer.
• Generates and maintains medium-complexity engineering product file content (from top level to piece parts), including CAD models, drawings, BOMs, design layouts, specifications, assembly instructions and PDMS records.
• Releases engineering product files through Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), and addresses Engineering Change Requests (ECRs).
• Sufficient understanding of Schlumberger procedures and specifications (CLMS) and relevant industry standards (ISO, ANSI, ASME), and performs duties in accordance with these standards.
• Functional use of techniques such as tolerance analyses and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Estimates, completes, and provides accurate status reports on his/her own tasks derived from engineering instruction, such that project timelines are met on a consistent basis.
• Produces work of acceptable quality (clarity, completeness, correctness, sustainability) with minimal oversight.
• High school graduate required.
• Two-year technical school certificate in mechanical drafting or design preferred.
• Degree in mechanical or industrial technology, or industrial design acceptable.
• Requirement for certification or degree may be waived with 5 years of industrial experience in mechanical design in related area.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a mechanical designer on downhole tool equipment design or related products.
• Alternatively, 7 years of industrial mechanical design experience outside of downhole tool equipment design.
• 8000 to 12,000 hours of experience using feature-based computer-aided design software (Creo, SolidWorks, Inventor). Creo is preferred.
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Specialized Knowledge & Skills (If Applicable) in the following areas:
• Sufficient understanding of the mechanical features, components, and architectures of his/her specific product, and possesses basic understanding of how these mechanical systems interface with other systems to provide product functions.
• Independently identifies relevant problems for their designs, and reports them for action by the team.
• Understanding of the available manufacturing techniques and technologies used to fabricate his/her designs.
• Functional capability using CAD software to generate and maintain CAD models and drawings of parts and assemblies.
• Sufficient functional knowledge of the data management systems used to store, document and sustain written, graphic and geometric engineering documentation.
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.