Job Summary: Under general direction, provide engineering skills to assist in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
· Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
· Assist in identifying and organizing requirements.
· Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
· Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
· Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests.
· Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
· Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
· Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts.
· May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers.
· Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the PLMP custom form of the project.
· Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
· Provide training and support to clients and field representatives.
· Prepare technical documentation through InTouch and in a timely fashion.
· Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
· Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
· Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
· Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
· Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
· Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
· Must have good troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of PLC programming, relay, transformers are good to have.
· Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.