The BI Developer is responsible to develop meaningful visualization, providing transparent analysis using digital data to achieve the Organization's goals.
• To provide objective and transparent analysis of digital data, using proven methodologies to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for investment in order to achieve Organization’s Strategic aims.
• To work closely with individual Managers and Heads to identify insight needs, agreeing data sets and requirements for KPI monitoring.
• To work with the business analyst to develop and provide a structured business analysis service to all teams across Schlumberger, producing detailed reports identifying key trends and patterns, interpreting the data into practical and useful recommendations to support strategic objectives.
• To have an advanced understanding of Analytics and other digital analysis tools, and the ability to explain technical complexities to non-technical colleagues.
• To work with other Digital team colleagues to ensure that tests and tracking are configured correctly for reporting and optimisation.
• To understand and champion the use of insights data and how to get the best from it, making recommendations for future activity based on detailed scrutiny.
• Work closely with thte Product Owners to ensure the delivery of a quality product in a timely manner
• Advise on cost vs business impact when it comes to technology/features
• To provide the technical documentation for each solution
Qualifications and Requirements
• 1-3+ years’ experience as a BI Developer.
• Data Modelling and Visualizations in Power BI (MUST)
• UI/UX: User Interface / User Experience
• Power Platform technologies knowledge (Bonus)
• Bachelors in Business Analytics or computer science
• Understanding of technology development lifecycle
• Basic Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum) (Bonus)
• Requirement gathering & analysis
• Functional solution design
• Issue resolution
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Working knowledge on any ETL tool such as Azure Data Factory, Data Flow, SSIS, Alteryx or Informatica (Bonus)
Other skills and abilities
• Self-driven, proactive, systematically thinking
• Ability to think logically and analyse complex problems
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Ability to mentor junior technical staff
• Attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• High flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements
• Strong organizational skills
• Stay alert on technology
• Experience using API custom-connectors within PowerApps (a plus)
• Experience automating business processes with Power Automate (Flow)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.