Desktop Software Engineer
Sugar Land - United States
Desktop Software Engineer
The Desktop Software Engineer is responsible for developing desktop applications, leveraging frameworks and utilizing shared components to enable end user workflows in a thick (Windows) application.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
• Ensure that product code and artifacts are managed and safeguarded in a configuration management system in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
• Help identify and organize requirements and produce user stories.
• Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
• Evaluate alternative implementations and select the one that maximizes the value of the product and minimizes the risk and technical debt.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing; set up and run lab simulations.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to implement and automate tests.
• Develop and execute unit tests.
• Ensure and monitor source code quality by using appropriate tools.
• Provide timely corrective actions on assigned defects and issues.
• Bachelor's (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master’s / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education
• Minimum 5 years of direct experience (BA Degree), or 3 years of direct experience (MA Degree)
• Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (data structures, OOP, design patterns, multithreading)
• Solid knowledge of C# and/or C++
• An understanding of test-driven development
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer".
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.